Recipe by SpringShoot
I got this recipe from Southern Living. This healthy soup can be eaten hot or cold and also freezes well.
- 6 cups red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery, shopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute first 3 ingredients in oil over mediium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add navy beans and next 3 ingredients.
- Cook, stirring often, 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand 10 minutes.
- Transfer potato mixture (draining out broth with a slotted spoon) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to broth, stirring until blended.
- Stir in yogurt and add pepper to taste.