Recipe by Nature's Cuisine
GREAT recipe with lots of flavor. Something the whole family is sure to enjoy. Mmmmm.... Gotta love the comfort foods!
- 4 baking potatoes (Idaho)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 head garlic, florette
- olive oil
- ham, diced (or use crumbled bacon, don't bake)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- blue cheese, crumbled
- garlic, florette
- chives (or green onions)
- light sour cream (Daisy brand is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Cut 4, 2 ft. long sheets of aluminum foil.
- Scrub potatoes and prick several times with fork. Place on foil. Baste with oil. Lightly salt and pepper (flipping once). Wrap potato securely in foil, folding in sides and back, then rolling up. Place seam-side UP in oven.
- Cut tops of garlic florette, removing any loose layers. Place in garlic roaster. Baste with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- After potatoes have cooked 30 minutes, reduce heat to 275 degrees and place roaster in with potatoes. After one hour, baste garlic once more.
- After potatoes and garlic have baked for 30 minutes, spray 9x9x2 pan (or pie pan)with cooking spray. Add diced ham. Cook potatoes, garlic, and ham (uncovered) in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve (place potatoes in foil on a plate, garlic in roater, and all other sides in ramkins.).