Another German recipe, this is a little different version of the Potato Balls
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the raw potatoes into a bowl with luke warm water.
- 2Squeeze the water out of the potatoes through a cotton-bag or a kitchen towel, saving the water in an extra bowl to get the starch on the bottom -- this is an old recipe, save the starch to use it for ironing ;-) -- return to the bowl.
- 3Bring the milk to a boil and pour over the raw potatoes.
- 4Rice the boiled potatoes and mix everything together, knead.
- 5Cut the bread in small dices and toast in some butter to a golden brown.
- 6Form fistsize balls with the potato dough.
- 7Punch a hole in the middle and put some bread dices in the middle, close back up form the balls with cold moist hands.
- 8Drop into the boiling water, let boil once, then just let simmer for 20 minutes.
- 9Take out of the salted water.
- 10If you want to freeze them, take them out after 15 min.
- 11Set loose on a sheet and prefreeze.
- 12Then wrap them up each one single in aluminum foil and freeze To serve: put the balls in cold salted water, bring to a boil and let simmer then for about 10 min.
- 13They swim up when they're done.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Balls II - Kartoffelkloesse (pronounced Kleasa)
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 382.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g