Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Crunchy on the top, creamy on the inside, the combination of potatoes, sweet onions and smoky pancetta make for the perfect meal!!
- 2 -3 slices pancetta, chopped (if you canÃ t find pancetta, bacon will be fine)
- 1 large onion, sliced paper thin
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste) or pepper (to taste)
- Brown the pancetta in a pan till slightly crisp. Add the sliced onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook slowly till soft. In a small bowl, add the olive oil and set aside.
- Using a small casserole or baking dish, brush lightly with the oil. Starting with a layer of some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, next pancetta/onion mix, continue alternating layers and end with a layer of potatoes. Lightly brush the top with the spice mix and sprinkle coarse salt on the top, bake very slowly in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes (depending on the thickness of your casserole). Test by piercing with a thin knife, if it goes through smoothly, it’s done! You can increase or decrease any of these ingredients to fit any size baking dish, large or small, just adjust your cooking time and test with a thin knife. Enjoy!