Recipe by -Sylvie-
This was posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006. Potatoes are one of the staples of Scandinavian cooking, combining the with Norwegian Jarlsberg cheese makes this a wonderful side dish or if you serve it with a side salad it could even serve as a main. If you can't find Jarlsberg you can use gouda, cheddar or whatever your favourite cheese is instead.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs new potatoes, cooked in their skins, peeled and sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 1⁄2 ounces roast ham (deli style) or 3 1⁄2 ounces cooked ham, sliced (deli style)
- 4 ounces jarlsberg cheese, sliced (or any other cheese)
- 2 ounces garlic and herb butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Grease a square baking pan and layer the poatato slices until about 3/4 inch thick.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mit Pfeffer und Salz würzen.
- Cover with slices of ham followed by a layer of sliced cheese.
- Cover with little knobs of the garlic/herb butter and continue to add another layer of all ingredients, finishing with cheese and butter.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes in the middle of the oven. The cheese should be completely melted and turning golden.