Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This potato bake is perfect to bake ahead and can be reheated in the microwave on High for 5 minutes or warmed in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 600 ml heavy cream
- 35 g French onion soup mix
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius
- Layer potatoes in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine cream and soup in a bowl and then pour over potatoes.
- Bake covered with foil for 1 hour. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Cook for a further 30 minutes.
Love this! I didn't add the almonds, I like this with half sweet potatoes, my kids love it. Great recipe, thanks for posting.
I love this recipe and I also use Maggi Onion soup. I also use some garlic powder or garlic salt and sprinkle some fresh parsley over the top. Yum :)
Was really yummy. The family loved it and it tasted wonderful.