Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an excellent presentation for a side dish. Spectacularly easy!
Make and share this Potato Bacon Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 3 baking potatoes, sliced one quarter inch thick
- 1 lb slice bacon
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 6-inch non-stick fry pan with bacon slices, arranging them in a radial pattern and starting with one end of bacon in the centre of the pan and the other end draped over the edge. When the entire surface of the pan has been covered, sprinkle with pepper and add a layer of sliced potatoes to cover the bottom. Sprinkle with grated cheese and pepper and repeat layers until they are slightly above the top of the pan.
- Fold the bacon, one slice at a time up and over the potato mound toward the centre. Carefully overlap each slice and repeat until the top is completely and neatly covered with bacon. Press down and cover with a lid.
- Place tart on a baking sheet, which will catch any drips during cooking. Bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.