I Love this soup, and it's healthy and low in points. A great lunch or dinner with a salad. 4 Pts. per 1 1/2 C Serving - makes about 4 servings
- Coarsely chop the baked potatoes and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a soup pot until crisp and set aside, leave 1 teaspoons drippings in the pan.
- Add 1/2 the scallions & garlic to drippings and sautee until soft.
- Add broth, salt, cayenne, and chopped potatoes, mash some of the potatoes against the side of the pan w/ a wooden spoon or w/ a potato masher.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook 2-3 moremonites.
- Add in half-and-half and parsley, return to simmer.
- Serve w/ remaining green onions & crumbled bacon on top.