Recipe by Myrna 2
Got this from BACKYARD LIVING. A baked potato chowder in a bowl. I haven't made this yet. I'm working up to it. Not really crazy for soups, but I'm slowly getting there. Very, very slowly. Prep and cooking times are really guesses.
Top Review by rosie316
I made this chowder for lunch today. It was quite similar (in a way) to a ham and potato soup that I made on Monday (only a little thicker). I did like it for the most part. The texture seemed a bit off. I did not care for the celery in it, it was too crunchy, and I just don't like it. The directions do not specify the saute time, so the onions were more done than the celery. This does have possibilities. I may try this again. Thank you for posting. (Made for "My 3 Chefs")
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cover and cook potatoes in 1 c.
- water til tender.
- Cook bacon in a skillet til crisp, remove and drain.
- Saute onion and celery in drippings.
- Add to undrained potatoes.
- Stir in soup, milk, sour cream, salt& pepper.
- Cook over low heat for 10 min.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Add bacon to soup, saving 1/4 cup for garnish with the parsley.