Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this from BACKYARD LIVING. A baked potato chowder in a bowl. I haven't made this yet. I'm working up to it. Not really crazy for soups, but I'm slowly getting there. Very, very slowly. Prep and cooking times are really guesses.
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, cover and cook potatoes in 1 c.
- water til tender.
- Cook bacon in a skillet til crisp, remove and drain.
- Saute onion and celery in drippings.
- Add to undrained potatoes.
- Stir in soup, milk, sour cream, salt& pepper.
- Cook over low heat for 10 min.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Add bacon to soup, saving 1/4 cup for garnish with the parsley.
I made this chowder for lunch today. It was quite similar (in a way) to a ham and potato soup that I made on Monday (only a little thicker). I did like it for the most part. The texture seemed a bit off. I did not care for the celery in it, it was too crunchy, and I just don't like it. The directions do not specify the saute time, so the onions were more done than the celery. This does have possibilities. I may try this again. Thank you for posting. (Made for "My 3 Chefs")