Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is easy to make. The bacon adds extra flavour.
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8 inch square baking dish.
- Layer 1/2 potatoes 1/2 onions 1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers.
- Combine evaporated milk egg and seasoned salt in small bowl.
- Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Uncover bake additional 5 minutes.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.