Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great hot or cold. A nice addition to a BBQ or picnic.
Make and share this Potato, Bacon and Spinach Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 4 potatoes, Peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, Sliced Thinly
- 4 slices bacon, Chopped Fine
- 8 large spinach leaves, Shredded Finely
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, Grated
- Cut potatoes into 2cm cubes.Boil, steam or microwave until just tender,drain.
- Heat oil in a large non stick pan, cook bacon and onion until onion is soft. Add potatoes stir till browned slightly. Add spinach until just wilted.
- Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl.
- Pour egg mixture into pan, cook tilting, over medium heat until egg is almost set.
- Sprinkle frittata with cheese and place under grill until cheese is melted and browned lightly.
This recipe is a great starter-- I added some halved cherry tomatoes and subbed the bacon with a chicken-apple sausage, and used mozzarella cheese. Fantastic!
This was really tasty. We had it hot, for brunch, with a few added dried red pepper flakes, and we enjoyed it so much. It was really simple to put together, which is also an added bonus. We really loved the flavours in this, I'll be making it again. Thanks for posting :)
Recipe turned out great and was just what I needed on a cold January night. Thanks for sharing!