Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
To make these much easier, I use prepared unseasoned hash brown potatoes from the refrigerator section. Cooking time is approximate per batch. These are good!
- 6 potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 5 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 beaten eggs
- 29.58 ml flour
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Rinse potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl and mix.
- Preheat 1/8" of oil to 375°.
- Drop batter by two heaping tablespoonfuls into hot oil.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.
I wanted something simple for supper last night, so I tried these. I did use the frozen hash browns and I didn't have any problems with them holding together. The only problem I had was trying to decide just how many hash browns I needed to use. You may want to consider adding a approximate cup amount to the potato quantity. I just added until I got the consistency I needed. Overall, a really good recipe. Will make these again. Thanks for the great recipe.
We were a little disappointed in this recipe. Made it exactly as shown, using the refrigerator hash browns. The bacon and onions are a good combination, but the egg and flour, made the potatoes on the gritty side. They also did not hold up well as a patty. I basically had a frying pan full of hashbrowns and not patties. Will try them again, sometime, as hash browns, not patties, with regular potatoes, bacon and onion and skip the egg and flour.