Recipe by Kzim4
This recipe comes from Betty Crocker's Diabetes Cookbook. 1 1/2 carbohydrate choices according to their calculations.
- 1 lb small red potato, cubed (about 6 or 7)
- 6 eggs or 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 5 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 inch of water to boiling in a 2-quart sauce pan. Add potatoes. Cover bring back to boil; reduce heat to medium low. Keep covered and cook for additional 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well mixed; set aside.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium high heat. Cook potatoes in oil 3 to 5 minutes, turning potatoes occasionally, until lightly browned. Stir in green onions. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes. As egg mixture begins to set at bottom and side of skillet, gently lift cooked potions with a spatula so that the uncooked portion can flow to bottom; avoid constant stirring. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with bacon.