Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A "no-mayo" potato salad. Simple yet delicious. Make sure the avocado is ripe but not mushy.
- 8 small red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 firm ripe Hass avocado, peeled pitted and diced (I use 2)
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with salted water and cook until tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Place cooked potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, chives, olive oil, pepper and salt and toss to coat well.
- Finally, gently toss in the diced avocado.
- Serve warm or chilled.
This was pretty good. Felt like it was missing something though. I added some pushed salmon to this and made it a great meal. Next time perhaps I can add more herbs.
This is a great alternative to the mayo potato salad. I will be passing this recipe on to a few vegan friends. I really loved the bite from the lemon, and didn't find it to be too much at all. The creamy avacado made this dish! Made for ZWT 7.
We loved it!! My dad usually adds all the ingredients together,except potatoes for a dip. The addition of potatoes is wonderful! Made for Witchen Kitchen and ZWT7.