Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I LOVE this recipe. It is a bit different than any other potato salad I've tasted. It makes a huge amount, and I usually halve the recipe.
- 5 lbs medium red potatoes, scrubbed (I've used small ones and it works OK)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, quarters drained rinsed and blotted dry (non marinated)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the potatoes into thirds if large, in half if medium. Place in large pot and fill with water to cover. Add salt to taste. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Be careful not to overcook. Drain and cool.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add the artichokes, celery, red pepper and onion.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, parsley, salt an pepper in a bowl and mix until well blended. Pour over the potato and vegetable mix and stir until well blended.
- Garnish with additional chopped fresh parsley and freshly ground black pepper.