Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
In Morocco, a tagine is a stew cooked in an earthenware dish. In Tunisia, a tagine is an egg dish similar to a frittata, and baked in a round dish. Use cayenne pepper judiciously!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped (about 11/4 cups packed)
- 6 canned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup soft white breadcrumb
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Spray a deep 8- or 9-inch ovenproof casserole with nonstick cooking spray. You can grease with olive oil instead.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and parsley. Sauté until onion is translucent. Add the artichokes; heat through.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, breadcrumbs, eggs and garlic. Stir in onion mixture, cayenne and salt to taste. Transfer to casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden-brown and center is firm to the touch.