Recipe by Dancer^
This is wonderful...Great with ham or pork I really think it goes with everything.
- 2 large apples, crisp,sweet
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Core and thinly slice the apples; thinly slice the potatoes.
- Heat oil and coat the bottom and sides of a large, cast-iron skillet.
- As neatly as possible; place a layer of potatoes in a spiral fashion, using half the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and half the onion.
- Place a layer of apples slices.
- Repeat the layering.
- Grate some nutmeg on the top and press the mixture down with a plate.
- Remove the plate and bake until the apples are tender and potatoes are crisp and brown, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.