Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A hearty breakfast or light supper. Perfect for fall.
Top Review by gretchengr
My husband and I really like apples and ham together. This recipe was very delicious and I know we will be making it often. This recipe is almost exactly like something we ate at a rustic little inn in New Hampshire. Brought back fond memories and we are glad you shared this recipe.
- 3 cups frozen hash browns with onions and peppers, thawed
- 1 large red apple, cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Press thawed potatoes between paper towel to remove moisture; set aside.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, combine apple, onion, water, and sage; bring to boiling; reduce heat; cook uncovered, over medium-high heat until onion is tender; remove from heat.
- Stir in potatoes and ham.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, cheese and salt; pour into skillet over potato mixture; do not stir.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes or just until center appears set.