Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
A hearty breakfast or light supper. Perfect for fall.
Make and share this Potato-Apple-Ham Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- Press thawed potatoes between paper towel to remove moisture; set aside.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, combine apple, onion, water, and sage; bring to boiling; reduce heat; cook uncovered, over medium-high heat until onion is tender; remove from heat.
- Stir in potatoes and ham.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, cheese and salt; pour into skillet over potato mixture; do not stir.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes or just until center appears set.
My husband and I really like apples and ham together. This recipe was very delicious and I know we will be making it often. This recipe is almost exactly like something we ate at a rustic little inn in New Hampshire. Brought back fond memories and we are glad you shared this recipe.
Made this for dinner the other night. Got raves from my family. I thought the ham and apples went well together. I didn't have any dried sage so I just used about 1/4 t. rubbed sage. That gave it a nice bite. Made a great oven omelet. Thanks Nurse Di.