This is a great change from regular potato salad! Love it! An English take on a French recipe, now all American!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed
- salt and black pepper
- 6 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 small red onion, very finely sliced
- 2 red apples, such as red delicious, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives (to garnish)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Put the potatoes into a large saucepan of boiling salted waer and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain, leave to cool, then cut the potatoes in half.
- Put the potatoes into a large salad bowl, add the vinaigrette dressing, and toss gently while the potatoes are still warm.
- Add the celery, onion, and apples to the potatoes.
- Mix together gently so that all the ingredients are thoroughly coated with the dressing, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Gently stir in the mayonnaise, taste for seasoning, sprinkle with the chives, and serve immediately.
- Vinaigrette Dressing: Put all into a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
- Makes 2/3 cup.