Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a fruit and veg stand at my local supermarket. My 2 year old son refused to eat any vegies. So when he ate 3 cups of this at the taste testing stand, we were truly amazed. We tried it and it was delious.
- 1 onion
- 3 large zucchini
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, to cover
- salt and pepper
- Chop vegies as roughly as you like.
- Saute with a tablespoon of butter.
- Add enough water to cover, add stock cubes.
- Cook until tender.
- Blend and mash the vegies (with fluid still in pot).
- Add the cream to taste (put more in if you prefer it creamier).
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
hey my whole family loved this one, including a teenager who doesn't normally like vegetables, and doesn't eat soup in general, prefering to eat maccas or KFC. Give it a try, oh and i tried it with vegie stock, the kind u get in a big tetra pack, as i thought my partners vegitarian daughter might have been having some. It was very nice.
Tried today, had some potatoes & zuchinni to use up...didnt have cream so I used my fat free milk and a handful of white cheddar cheese that I had leftover, and some grated parm at the end to try to thicken it up. Also some parsley...came out super yummy, simple, and had a nice flavor!