Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe I made up last week with whatever I happened to have in the fridge at the time. My whole family went crazy over it so I wrote it down and decided to post it just in case someone else wants a simple and fairly quick meal idea. Enjoy!
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Boil for around 20 minutes in salted water until slightly cooked. They should be firm.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a small saucepan and add the onion which you have finely chopped and the minced garlic clove. If you don't like garlic much you can omit or if you love garlic you can double the cloves.
- Sautee until the onion is translucent (about 5 minutes) and then add the chopped ham and cook for 2 minutes. Add some oregano to taste.
- Drain the potatoes and chop into smaller pieces and place in a 20cm x 30cm baking dish.
- Chop the zucchini into fairly small pieces and add to the potatoes. I had tiny fresh zucchini which I sliced but if you have larger ones you may have to chop them up and perhaps even remove the centres if they are very pulpy.
- Add the zucchini to the potatoes and then mix in the onion-ham-butter mixture.
- Pour over the cream and stir gently to coat well. You can add a little water especially to rinse out the cream container. ( Not more than 1/2 cup though).
- Season with salt and pepper and some freshly ground nutmeg.
- Bake at 180 celcius for around 35 minutes or until the top is a little brown and the cream has thickened into a sauce.
- Serve with a green salad.