This salad is my all time favorite salad! It's perfect as a side dish for steaks or even greens. It also can be served as a main since it encompasses so many different layers of flavor all in the same dish. I absolutely adore the smell, the color, and the taste of this salad! Hope you like it too! :)
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, peeled and quartered
- 4 ounces garnet yams, peeled and cut into same size as quartered Yukon potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red cabbage, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ham, finely diced (for vegetarians, leave the ham out)
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Place the Yukon potatoes into a saucepan and cover with cold water (leave enough room for the yam). Add 1 teaspoon sea salt and bring to a boil.
- Add Garnet yam (all the potatoes and yam should still be covered by the water) into the saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until done.
- While simmering the potatoes and yam, chop all the veggies, ham and tarragon.
- Drain the potatoes and yam. Mash them all together in a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, ground black pepper and all finely chopped ingredients into the same bowl. Stir until even.
- Add more sea salt or pepper, if desired. Let the salad stay in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.