1 hr 15 mins
This looks amazing served at a dinner party but is actually really easy to make. It goes wonderfully as a main after the late summer salad #50937 If you cannot find pink fir potatoes, charlottes are a good sub also if raclette cheese evades you you can sub brie, camenbert, goat or blue cheese
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch tarragon, leaves picked
- 100 ml peanut oil
- 1 kg pink fir potato
- 9 small tomatoes, halved
- walnut oil, for drizzling
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 600 g mixed wild mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 200 ml double cream or 200 ml whipping cream
- 450 g raclette cheese, rind removed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons broken walnuts
- 1To make the tarragon oil,chop the tarragon leaves and warm the groundnut oil in a small pan add the tarragon a pinch of salt and blend until smooth (this can be done upto two days ahead).
- 2Cook the whole pots in boiling salty water for 20 - 25 minutes Drain halve and season. Mix the red onion and lime juice with the potatoes and cover.
- 3while pots are cooking arrange toms on a baking tray cut side up drizzle with walnut oil and grill until they begin to soften - leave to stand at room temperature.
- 4Heat oven to 220degC.
- 5rinse the mushrooms and pat dry. Saute over a high heat and season. Add the mushrooms to the potatoes.
- 6Add the mustard to the cream and then whip the cream until the soft peak stage and combine with the potato mix.
- 7place potato mix on an oven proof platter. Lay the slies of cheese over the top (This can be done upto an hour ahead)
- 8Bake until the cheese is golden and melting (about 10 mins) arrange the tomatoes around the dish (I like to use a square dish and have two rows of tomatoes - one at each side)scatter the walnuts over and drizzle some tarragon oil on. Serve the rest of the oil separately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Wild Mushroom Melt
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.1
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 36.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard