Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This looks amazing served at a dinner party but is actually really easy to make. It goes wonderfully as a main after the late summer salad #50937 If you cannot find pink fir potatoes, charlottes are a good sub also if raclette cheese evades you you can sub brie, camenbert, goat or blue cheese
- 1 bunch tarragon, leaves picked
- 100 ml peanut oil
- 1 kg pink fir potato
- 9 small tomatoes, halved
- walnut oil, for drizzling
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 600 g mixed wild mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 200 ml double cream or 200 ml whipping cream
- 450 g raclette cheese, rind removed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons broken walnuts
- To make the tarragon oil,chop the tarragon leaves and warm the groundnut oil in a small pan add the tarragon a pinch of salt and blend until smooth (this can be done upto two days ahead).
- Cook the whole pots in boiling salty water for 20 - 25 minutes Drain halve and season. Mix the red onion and lime juice with the potatoes and cover.
- while pots are cooking arrange toms on a baking tray cut side up drizzle with walnut oil and grill until they begin to soften - leave to stand at room temperature.
- Heat oven to 220degC.
- rinse the mushrooms and pat dry. Saute over a high heat and season. Add the mushrooms to the potatoes.
- Add the mustard to the cream and then whip the cream until the soft peak stage and combine with the potato mix.
- place potato mix on an oven proof platter. Lay the slies of cheese over the top (This can be done upto an hour ahead)
- Bake until the cheese is golden and melting (about 10 mins) arrange the tomatoes around the dish (I like to use a square dish and have two rows of tomatoes - one at each side)scatter the walnuts over and drizzle some tarragon oil on. Serve the rest of the oil separately.