Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from the 'net' - any vegetables can be used to make a frittata, it's also nice eaten cold, great way to use up 'left overs'
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces potatoes, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet pepper, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup cooked ham, sliced and diced
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in frying pan and cook potatoes over medium heat until they begin to brown - remove from pan.
- Melt remaining butter add vegetables and ham and cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Break eggs and beat gently, season to taste.
- Return potatoes to the pan, add garlic then pour over the eggs. Cook for 20 minutes at a medium heat.
- Place frying pan under medium grill to cook top of frittata then sprinkle on cheese, return to grill and heat til cheese is melted.
We really enjoyed this recipe for breakfast. I microwaved the potato & sliced to brown up nicely. Next time I'd cut back the butter abit though. The fridge was abit bare of vegys so I had to sub a couple, for bell peppers I put chopped avocado & jalapenos, rather than fresh tomatoes I added some drained canned tomatoes. Into the eggs, I added a couple drops of hot sauce along with some cream cheese & milk that I needed to use up. Although I liked the avocado, I missed the bell peppers & will add next time, thanks for sharing your recipe.