Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This recipe is a great alternative to traditional polish sausage. My kids love it, great way to make veggies more appealing. I mean, who doesn’t love sausage! Its's so good I typically double the recipe!
- 1 lb turkey kielbasa (linked sausage)
- Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots (Sliced or Julienned)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen green beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, Undrained
- Brown potatoes and carrots in electric skillet (300-325 degrees), use juice from mushrooms if you need to add liquid – this avoids using oil. While potatoes are cooking cut sausage into bite size pieces. Once potato mixture is cooked, add fz green beans, sausage and mushrooms. Make sure to stir so all ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Turn skillet down to low or steam. Put the lid on and vent, steam for 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Season to taste.
I liked the sound of this recipe, but not that it had frozen/canned vegetables in it. I chose to use fresh and adjusted the cooking times accordingly. :)