1/3 Photos of Potato and Tomato Pie
Brian Holley's Note:
Despite it's title there is no pastry in this dish. When we lived in Portugal we had this often, sometimes on it's own and at other times with pork chops or chicken. It's a wonderful blend of two of Portugal's favorite vegetables. Tonight we will have this with baked salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- 4 tablespoons red pepper paste
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 1/2 lbs tomatoes, skinned seeded and sliced
for the red pepper sauce
- 1RED PEPPER SAUCE.
- 2Mix together the salt and peppers, allow to stand for 1 day.
- 3Heat a grill, Wash the peppers, drain and pat dry.
- 4Place the peppers on a baking tray skin side uppermost and place it under the grill, grill till the skin is charred.
- 5Allow to cool and remove the skins.
- 6In a blender puree the peppers with the garlic and olive oil.
- 7Peel and slice the potatoes, when just done drain them.
- 8Oil a shallow baking dish Spread a thin layer of pepper paste on the bottom of the dish. Now add the potatoes, spread the rest of the pepper paste over the potatoes.
- 9Top the potatoes with the sliced tomatoes.
- 10Chop together the parsley, garlic and chillies, mix with the oil and lemon juice. Spread the oil mix over the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- 11Preheat oven to 200C and bake for 30 minutes.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Tomato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.8
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1790.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red pepper paste