Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another wonderful and healthy recipe from clinical dietitian and best-selling author Allan Borushek. 725kJ per serving.
- 4 (150 g) potatoes, washed, not peeled
- 2 (150 g) tomatoes
- 1 (180 g) onions, large
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice the vegetables into chunks or thick slices.
- Flavour with garlic and drizzle with a good coating of olive oil.
- Add seasoning and mix through.
- Bake in a 200°C oven until the vegetables are cooked through and golden on top (approx 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to distribute the juices and flavours.
This was a really good recipe and looked rather nice as well, wish my camera was working. I used cherry tomatoes which partially collapsed and that is what made it look nice. The other thing I did add was a little lemon juice squeezed over everything before baking. I also used fresh oregano as that is all I had growing at this time. I had this with some really good sausages. Will make this again.
This is a great potato dish, I used red potatoes and cut in to thick slices and low acid tomatoes (that I will quarter next time as my slices were too thin and the tomatoes kind of disappeared, this in no way made the dish any less tasty) the onions caramelised and everything just tasted delicious! I only had dried herbs and my hand got to the oregano first so thats what I used. Thanks for a great recipe.