- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup finely shredded spinach
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely sliced green onions
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Cover and cook onion 3 to 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in potatoes and squash coating evenly.
- Pour in stock; cover and bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Mash veggies lightly to thicken soup but do not puree.
- Stir in spinach, green onions, pepper to taste.