Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a good way to get your kids or family to eat vegetables without complaining.
- 1 -2 russet potato, peeled and cut in wedges
- 1 zucchini, peeled and cut in wedges
- 1 yellow squash, peeled and cut in wedges
- 1 white onion, peeled and in rings
- 4 -5 slices of fried bacon, crumbled up
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning, is desired
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut in slices
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 3-4 inch tall casserole dish layer as follows: potatoes, yellow squash, onion (2-4 rings per layer), seasonings, bacon crumps, butter wedges (4-5 per layer).
- Repeat with zuchini squash replacing yellow squash.
- Should have 2 complete layers or until you get to top of casserole dish.
- Cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 1 hour to an hour and 15 minutes.
This was a delicious recipe. Took a bit longer to cook the potatoes for whatever reason. Definitely a repeat recipe for our home. dharman