Recipe by alijen
From The 99% Fat-Free Cookbook. I made this over the weekend to rave reviews from family. Very simple (4 ingredients), but very good side dish, especially if you like acorn and butternut squash.
- 10 ounces red potatoes, peeled (about 2)
- 1 lb acorn squash, peeled and seeded (about 1 medium)
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and seeded (about 1/2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Slice the potatoes and squash very thin Layer about 1/2 of the potato slices on the bottom of a gratin dish.
- Lightly dust with salt and pepper.
- Top with layers of butternut squash, acorn squash, and a final layer of potato, lightly dusting each layer with salt and pepper.
- Pour the buttermilk evenly over and around the dish's contents.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top has browned.