Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for a light dinner or brunch.
- 4 lbs small baking potatoes
- fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bechamel sauce (recipe is in my cookbook)
- 2 cups cooked spinach leaves, squeezed dry and chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, finely diced
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Mash potatoes until smooth, using straight up and down motion.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter 12x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, shaking out excess.
- Mix mashed potatoes, ½ cup Parmesan, eggs, butter and salt in large bowl.
- Mix remaining Parmesan, béchamel sauce, spinach, mozzarella and Swiss cheeses in another bowl.
- Season with pepper.
- Using greased hands, form 2/3 of the potato mixture into patties and press onto bottom and sides of prepared dish, covering completely.
- Spoon béchamel over.
- Top with remaining potato mixture, sealing edges.
- Bake until heated through, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Ev, this is delicious and very rich, I used frozen spinach and leftover mashed potatoes, thanks for a wonderful recipe, my DH loved this!...Kitten:)