Recipe by Sueie
Easy to make comfort food. Healthy and low in fat. Use a home-made sauce or any commercial spahetti sauce you prefer.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
I ate these with a jarred tomato-vodka sauce, and I really enjoyed them. They are a little bit fussy to make, but I think they were worth the trouble. Makre sure you let the dumplings sit on the paper towels for a while, in order to give them time to firm up (unless you want them a little mushy...I definitely don't). They looked really appetizing on top of the red sauce! Thanks for posting.
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 packet frozen spinach
- 1 pinch chili flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost and drain spinach.
- Peel and boil potatoes, drain and mash.
- Add spinach, lightly beaten egg whites and sifted flour to potato.
- Mix well and allow mixture to become cold.
- With floured hands take tablespoons of mixture and roll into balls.
- Drop a quarter of the balls into large pan of simmering water.
- When they rise to the top of the water simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Place on kitchen paper.
- Repeat with remaining spinach balls in batches.
- Serve with a vegetarian spaghetti sauce.