Recipe by JustJanS
I found this when looking for different potato recipes. The spinach is a nice addition.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 500 g english spinach, trimmed, washed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pan of water to boil over a high heat. Add the potatoes, reduce the heat, cover and boil until for tender (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, melt half the butter, then add the spinach, stock and thyme; cook stirring frequently until the spinach is tender (about 5 minutes). Remove from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes then mash them until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, milk and pepper. Add the spinach mix and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 190c. Spray a medium sized baking dish with oil. Spoon the mixture into prepared dish.
- Dot top with remaining butter and bake until top is golden (about 20 minutes).
- Serve at once.