Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. This is an adaptation of a chili recipe I won Best In Show with. The addition of the diced potatoes is fabulous! You can adjust the heat by adding more of less of the salsa verde. This is a crowd pleaser and will win you raves no matter where you serve it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 large smoked turkey legs (found at any major grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packagesmccormicks white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes chicken broth
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bottle salsa verde
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced (optional)
- Remove and discard skin from smoked turkey legs, remove and dice meat.
- Heat olive oil to medium-high heat and add diced turkey and green onions. Saute for approximately 5min.
- Add cumin and white chili mixes, stir well then add chicken broth and salsa verde.
- Stir well and add Simply Potatoes-Diced Potatoes with Onions and canned, drained beans.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30min.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice, if desired.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges and tortilla chips or corn bread.