Recipe by Chili-Queen
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. This is an adaptation of a chili recipe I won Best In Show with. The addition of the diced potatoes is fabulous! You can adjust the heat by adding more of less of the salsa verde. This is a crowd pleaser and will win you raves no matter where you serve it!
Top Review by zobop
This is an AWESOME recipe!! Very simple to prepare. Just follow directions. The family loves this incredible chili, even the picky children. The recipe is large enough to leave you with plenty of leftovers, which are even better the next couple days reheated. We prefer this chili to the standard "RED" chili. Everybody that tastes this chili wants the recipe to make at home. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful meal with us!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 large smoked turkey legs (found at any major grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packagesmccormicks white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes chicken broth
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bottle salsa verde
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and discard skin from smoked turkey legs, remove and dice meat.
- Heat olive oil to medium-high heat and add diced turkey and green onions. Saute for approximately 5min.
- Add cumin and white chili mixes, stir well then add chicken broth and salsa verde.
- Stir well and add Simply Potatoes-Diced Potatoes with Onions and canned, drained beans.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30min.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice, if desired.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges and tortilla chips or corn bread.