1/1 Photo of Potato and Smoked Turkey Chili
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. This is an adaptation of a chili recipe I won Best In Show with. The addition of the diced potatoes is fabulous! You can adjust the heat by adding more of less of the salsa verde. This is a crowd pleaser and will win you raves no matter where you serve it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 large smoked turkey legs (found at any major grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages mccormicks white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes chicken broth
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bottle salsa verde
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced (optional)
- 1Remove and discard skin from smoked turkey legs, remove and dice meat.
- 2Heat olive oil to medium-high heat and add diced turkey and green onions. Saute for approximately 5min.
- 3Add cumin and white chili mixes, stir well then add chicken broth and salsa verde.
- 4Stir well and add Simply Potatoes-Diced Potatoes with Onions and canned, drained beans.
- 5Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30min.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice, if desired.
- 7Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges and tortilla chips or corn bread.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Smoked Turkey Chili
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked turkey legs
chili seasoning mix
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion