Recipe by dreamer_1
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Easy to make, great as snack or appetizer. Enjoy
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 chicken leg quarter (cut in half, boil in 3 cups of water for 10 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup raw small shrimp
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 (1 lb) package egg roll wrap
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the chicken out of its stock. Discard the bone, chop the meat. Reserve the broth.
- In a large wok, heat oil over medium high heat. Sauté onion and garlic until translucent. Add potato, chicken, shrimp, carrot, green onion, salt, pepper, chipotle sauce, cumin. Stir fry for 5 minutes; add 3/4 cup chicken broth. Stir, cover the wok. Lower the heat to medium. Cook about 10 minutes, covers the wok. Take the lid out, with potato masher, mash potato to make small chunks. Stir occasionally and cook 5-10 more minutes or until potato are tender and juice are completely evaporated. Remove from the heat. Let cool.
- Put one egg roll wrapper on the counter with one corner pointing at you (we call this south corner), put about 2-3 tablespoons potato filling on the center of the wrapper. Pull the south corner up and over the filling. Pull up the west corner toward the middle. Do the same with east corner. Roll up the south toward north corner. Dap the inside edge of north corner with egg. Press to seal. Repeat the process with the rest of wrapper.
- Heat 3 cups of oil in a pan over medium heat. When oil is hot enough, fry egg rolls until golden brown. Turn occasionally. Serve hot with sauce of your choice ( chili sauce, sweet and sour sauce etc.).