Recipe by DomenicaM
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A comforting chowder with a lot of depth of flavor but without a lot of effort.
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb medium raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 green onions with tops
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large sauce pan, cook bacon to lightly crispy. Remove bacon strips, chop and set aside, leaving bacon fat in the pan.
- On a low/med heat, add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside. Add garlic and green onions to pan, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, spinach, corn, and chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to med/low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add half and half, cayenne pepper sauce and reserved crumbled bacon. Cook for about 5 minutes or till heated through. Do not boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide soup into bowls, top with shrimp and serve.