Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I took another of my posted recipes and tweaked it and came up with this. My kids really liked this. Instead of slicing a sausage, you take it out of the casing and crumble and brown it first. The Adobo I use is from Penzey's. You could add sliced or chopped carrots to this too, for added nutrition. Using 4 T of cider vinegar, you can taste it more, so if you aren't a vinegar fan, use the lesser amount.
- 3⁄4-1 lb bratwurst, casings removed (or ground pork)
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 -4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- salt and pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced thin
- Mix the honey, cider vinegar and mustard in a bowl until well blended.
- In a large skillet, brown the pork, removed from the casings, on medium heat, separating ground meat while cooking. Add adobo seasoning while cooking.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add sliced potatoes and cover with the honey mixture.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. You may get a caramelized bottom that you can scrape up and distribute within the dish. Yummy!
This dish is fabulous. I tried it with my kids and we all loved it. I used knackwurst instead of bratwurst, but it was still great. I also increased the mustard so it was a little less sweet.