Recipe by Chef Frenchflair
My brother has ranted and raved about this soup for years and I finally got the recipe from my mother. It was a clipping from a news paper article that she clipped out about 20 years ago and I can't believe that she never made it for me. It's a great filling and spicy soup and a full meal eaten with a tasty buttery bun!
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Spring PAC 2011 and for our lunch. I used hot turkey sausage (italian) and added some onion and garlic (we love those two items) and cut the recipe in half. Very tasty on a cool and stormy looking day.
- 8 cups chicken or 8 cups turkey broth
- 3 lbs , hot italian or 3 lbs chorizo sausage
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the sausage from the casings and cook sausage till crumbled. Add in the chicken stock, cream and evaporated milk. Add in shredded potatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for an hour. Serve hot and enjoy.
- This recipe is great for any add ins. I've tried it with corn and my mother likes to cook in kale or spinach. Try your own variation, you can't go wrong!