1/1 Photo of Potato and Sausage Skillet Dinner
1 hr 10 mins
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
This recipe is from the "New England Home Cooking" cookbook by Brooke Dojny.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g kielbasa or 453.59 g similar garlicky smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 907.18 g potatoes, peeled and sliced (5 to 6 cups)
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh thyme or 9.85 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml apple juice or 236.59 ml apple cider
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
- 1Heat the oil in a very large skillet with sides at least 2 inches high. Add the sausage and onion and sauté over medium heat, stirring, until the onion is softened and the sausage begins to brown, about 6 minutes.
- 2Add the sliced potatoes, sprinkle with the flour, thyme, and pepper and toss gently but thoroughly to combine well. Pour the broth, apple juice, and wine over the potato mixture and add the bay leaf.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low, and cook, covered, until the potatoes are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 4Remove the bay leaf halves before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Sausage Skillet Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.9
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 1416.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 21.9 g