Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
This recipe is from the "New England Home Cooking" cookbook by Brooke Dojny.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g kielbasa or 453.59 g similar garlicky smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 907.18 g potatoes, peeled and sliced (5 to 6 cups)
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh thyme or 9.85 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml apple juice or 236.59 ml apple cider
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a very large skillet with sides at least 2 inches high. Add the sausage and onion and sauté over medium heat, stirring, until the onion is softened and the sausage begins to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add the sliced potatoes, sprinkle with the flour, thyme, and pepper and toss gently but thoroughly to combine well. Pour the broth, apple juice, and wine over the potato mixture and add the bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low, and cook, covered, until the potatoes are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf halves before serving.