Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from a Healthy Meals in Minutes card
Top Review by Annacia
Loved the hearty and homey flavor. I used veggie sausage patties that I diced, the chicken broth and smoked paprika. The single thing that kept me from making this a 5 star review was that even after the hour of baking the potato was still quite "firm". I'm sure that I'll make this again because I really do like it but next time I'll either pre-cook the potato some or cover the dish for about the first 45 mins .......or maybe both. I should also say that I made a single serving and the portion was right on for one person.
- 1⁄2 lb sausage links, cut into 1/2in pieces (about 4)
- 1 red peppers or 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion flakes, divided
- 5 medium red potatoes, cut into 3/4in cubes
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9in square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a med skillet over med heat, cook sausage until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- Spoon sausage into prepared pan.
- Top with pepper and garlic, sprinkle with 1/2 of oregano and onion flakes.
- Place potatoes in a single layer over pepper.
- Pour wine or broth over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and remaining oregano and onion.
- Bake until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.