Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great for a party.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄4 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (7 ounce) can red salmon, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (to glaze)
- Cook diced potatoes in a pan of boiling water until tender.
- Mash the cooked potatoes with the butter and cream until there are no lumps.
- Add the cheese, salmon, dill, and spring onion to the potato and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 cookies sheets.
- Cut each pastry sheet into four squares. Divide the mixture among each of the squares of pastry (about 1/4 cup for each one).
- Lightly brush the edges with beaten egg. Bring all four corners of the pastry sheet to the center to form a point and press together to make a parcel.
- Put the parcels on the greased cookie sheets and glaze with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.