Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
If a recipe looks easy and healthy then I am always going to be drawn to it. This is a very easy and a new way to used canned salmon which is very healthy for you. I bet this could also be done with tuna and also you could easily add more veggies into the mix if you wished. Creme fraiche is pretty similar to sour cream. So, if you can't get it that could be a good substitute.
- 623.68 g new potatoes, skin on, sliced length wise
- 99.22 g frozen peas
- 170.09 g can salmon (without any skin or bones)
- 198.44 g low-fat creme fraiche
- 99.22 g reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes until almost tender, but not breaking up.
- Tip in the frozen peas and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Drain well, then tip into a mixing bowl.
- Turn the grill / broiler to High.
- Drain the salmon and flake into chunks, then gently toss with the potatoes and peas.
- Season and spoon into a flameproof dish.
- Add spoonfuls of creme fraiche on top, roughly spread it all over and scatter with the grated cheese.
- Grill / broil for a few minutes until bubbling and golden.
- Serve with a green salad or mixed veg.