1/2 Photos of Potato and Saffron Bread
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
A beautiful golden yellow loaf with the subtle scent of saffron. This came from a book called "Complete Book of Breads and Bread Machines". I've rewritten the instructions a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potato. Drain, saving 7 oz. of the cooking water. Mash the potato without any additions and set aside to cool.
- 2Put the saffron threads into the reserved hot potato water and let them steep for at least 30 minutes. If you have time, 3-4 hours is better.
- 3Place all ingredients in bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer. Set on dough cycle.
- 4After cycle concludes, remove and shape into a round loaf or desired shape. Cover with oiled plastic wrap and let rise 30-45 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- 5Slash loaf down and across, in a tic-tac-toe pattern. Bake for 35- 40 minutes.
- 6Note: I used only a 1/2 tsp of saffron threads, and that was sufficient to create a beautiful loaf. I'm sure more would have been wonderful.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Saffron Bread
Serving Size: 1 (858 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2434.6
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 262.5 mg
- Sodium 3849.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 447.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.1 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 69.5 g