1 hr 5 mins
Roasting the garlic mellows and sweetens the garlic without overpowering the soup. This is a simple 4 ingredient recipe. Spice it up if you like but this simple recipe has great qualities. Use a floury potato for it to give a velvety texture. Good served HOT with melted cheddar or gruyere cheese on french bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F Place the unpeeled garlic bulbs or bulb in a small roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes or until soft in the center.
- 2Meanwhile, par-boil the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes.
- 3Simmer the stock in another pan for 5 minutes.
- 4Drain the potatoes and add them to the stock.
- 5Squeeze the garlic pulp into the soup, reserving a few whole cloves, stir and season to taste.
- 6Simmer for 15 minutes and serve topped with whole garlic cloves and parsley.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Roasted Garlic Broth
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: