1/3 Photos of Potato and Red Pepper Frittata
This recipe is from Everyday Food. The original recipe calls for 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary. I choose to omit it. Being onion lovers, I added a whole onion rather than 1/2 as the recipe stipulated. NOTE: It's okay if potatoes are not cooked evenly. Some will be browned; others only transparent. The original recipe suggests using an 8-inch skillet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium heat.
- 3Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 5Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in the skillet.
- 6Add potatoes; season generously with salt and pepper.
- 7Cook over medium heat, tossing often, until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. See 'note' in description above.
- 8Transfer potatoes to the bowl with the onions and peppers and toss to combine.
- 9Return mixture to skillet (add more oil if necessary).
- 10Flatten mixture with a a metal spatula.
- 11In a large bowl, beat eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 12Pour over potato mixture; tilt pan to distribute evenly.
- 13Bake until set, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 14Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Red Pepper Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.2
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 438.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 15.2 g