Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Comfort Food! Easy!
Make and share this Potato and Red Onions slow cooked recipe from Food.com.
- 5 potatoes, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 4 ounces freshly grated parmesan-romano cheese mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Layer all ingredients in lightly greased 3 1/2-quart crock pot; cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
My Husband and I thought this recipe was very good. I love the addition of red onion. It really adds to the flavor. Thank you for the recipe !
This was simple and tasty. The only thing I did different was substitute cream of onion as I had some non-mushroom guests over. Still yummy. Thanks!
What a great savory slow cooked potato & onion dish. We really enjoyed this tasty, tender treat. We were met by an incredible smell when we returned from a day out. This dish did not disappoint, it tasted as good as it smelled. I served it with beef meatballs and ligonberry sauce. Thanks so much for posting this tasty dish Rita. :)