Recipe by **Mandy**
This is a great dinner side to make ahead of time or can be a main, just add some more vegies & a bit of chicken.
Top Review by Sonya01
This is really good. I was chopping up the pumpkin & potato put it all together & my dear bf said i am not going to eat that and i said all you have to do is try it. I served it out gave it to him and low and behold there was none left on the plate and i said did you like that and he said you are there left overs i will take some for lunch tomorrow so this is a 10* recipe in my books. Thanks heaps
- 750 g desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 750 g Japanese pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm cubes
- 270 g corn kernels, drained
- 300 g canned chicken and corn soup
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C Grease a 10-cup capacity ovenproof dish.
- Place potato and pumpkin onto separate microwave-safe plates. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave each on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes or until potato and pumpkin are almost tender. Drain. Transfer to ovenproof dish. Stir in corn.
- Pour soup into a jug. Add eggs and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Beat with a fork until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables, shaking dish to allow egg mixture to run through to the base. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve.
- Tip: For extra protein, you could add 2 cups of shredded barbecued chicken at the end of step 2.
- Variation: You can replace the pumpkin with orange sweet potato, and the corn kernels with 200g cooked chopped bacon.