Recipe by karieja
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. The five ingredient maximum requirement for the Simply Potatoes contest is harder than you think! These juicy cheesy pork sliders utilize crispy hash browns to create a top and bottom.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- canola oil cooking spray
- 12 ounces pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 6 slices havarti cheese, cut in fourths
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 12x17 baking sheet with oil spray. Spread the shredded potatoes evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Using a flat spatula flatten potatoes firmly against sheet and bake for 10 more minutes. Then broil on low for 5 minutes or until hash browns are lightly browned and crispy.
- Make 12 thin square pork patties. Season both sides of the patty with seasoned pepper. Using a griddle or non-stick pan, brown patties over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side. Place cooked patties on paper towels and top each with two small squares of Havarti cheese.
- Using a sturdy spatula separate hash browns into 24 small squares for slider tops and bottoms. Gently assemble 12 sliders.