2 hrs 15 mins
From Bon Appetit, a simple and delicious side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place porcini in small bowl.
- 2Add hot water.
- 3Let stand until mushrooms soften, about 30 minutes.
- 4Drain, reserving soaking liquid.
- 5Coarsely chop porcini.
- 6Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- 7Generously butter large ovenproof skillet.
- 8Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in overlapping concentric circles in skillet.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon rosemary and half of mushrooms.
- 11Drizzle with 2 tablespoons soaking liquid and 1 tablespoon butter.
- 12Repeat layering, using half of remaining potatoes, all remaining rosemary and mushrooms, 2 tablespoons soaking liquid and 1 tablespoon butter.
- 13Top with remaining potatoes, placing in overlapping circles.
- 14Season with salt and pepper.
- 15Drizzle with 2 tablespoons soaking liquid and 2 tablespoons butter.
- 16Place skillet over medium heat just until liquid bubbles, about 2 minutes.
- 17Cover skillet and transfer to oven.
- 18Bake 30 minutes.
- 19Uncover; bake until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
- 20Transfer to rack; let stand 5 minutes.
- 21Place platter upside down over skillet. Turn platter and skillet over, inverting potato torte onto platter.
- 22Remove skillet.
- 23Rearrange potatoes, if necessary.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Porcini Torte
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g